Dear Sorensen Families,
We hope all is well with you and your families. As we look to start the 2022-2023 school year, we would like to thank our 2021-2022 Sorensen PTA Executive Board and PTA membership. Your commitment to our students and school was very much appreciated and valued by all. We thank you for all your hours of service and volunteerism. With that said, we are in need of PTA members to self-nominate into the PTA Executive Committee positions to continue having an active chapter at Sorensen. We need a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary. If you are interested in helping the good clause along, please email Mr. Chavez at, [email protected]
. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Below is the mission of PTA for your reference. Our Sorensen PTA facebook is linked as well.
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Every Child. One Voice.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.